Photographer holding camera in studio; photography insurance

Photography Insurance

Get tailored cover quick as a flash for your photography business. Cover your business and equipment with tailored photographers insurance and camera equipment insurance.

Get a fast, no obligation quote which could save you over 20%* 0330 134 4564 Get a quote

Photographers Insurance

Get tailored cover quick as a flash for your photography business.

Your work as a photographer keeps your focus on finding the right composition and the best shot. But finding time to work out what sort of photography insurance you need can be very time-consuming too. With many years’ experience in supporting business owners around the UK, our knowledgeable team can advise you on the right level of insurance for your photography business.

Whether you run a photography business, or you’re a freelance photographer, we can find the cover to suit you.

You Could Save Over 20% With Us*

Call our team to receive a no obligation, instant quote today.

Phone lines are available Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm

Quote Line: 0330 134 4564

Cover available for photographers**

  • Equipment insurance.


  • Professional indemnity.


  • Data recovery.


  • Exhibitions.


  • Accidental damage.


  • Public liability.


  • Employers liability.


  • Contents.

  • Buildings.

  • Business interruption.


  • Money on premises or in safe.


  • Money on the premises outside business hours.


  • Money at home of insured or authorised employee.


  • Goods in transit.


  • Embedded machinery breakdown.


  • Directors and officers insurance.

  • Commercial vehicle.

Why Photographers Insurance is Important

There may be several different insurance covers you need if you work as a photographer or run a photography business. You’ll probably have a lot of valuable equipment which will need protecting so camera equipment insurance can cover repair and replacement so you don’t have to pay out of your own pocket. You might also provide filming services as part of your business so you could consider additional videographer insurance.

If you work in a studio then you should consider contents insurance to cover your equipment and office, and maybe buildings cover too. If you have high-end computers for editing and specialist printing equipment, you may also want to cover these too.

You might also want to consider financial protection for your takings and money stored on the premises, or being taken to a bank. And if you use a vehicle solely for your photography business to transport equipment, stock or deliveries then you may want to get commercial vehicle insurance and goods in transit. You will also need to have employers liability insurance if you have employees.

If you attend events to take photographs, a key cover to protect members of the public is public liability insurance. This will cover you if an individual is injured or their personal property is damaged as a result of your negligence.

If you don’t have these protections in place you might have to pay out of your own pocket if someone makes a claim against you. What’s more, if you’re a professional photographer and want to access the benefits of a professional body, some require you to have relevant photography insurance as a prerequisite.

Terms and conditions
* Click here to view our pricing disclaimer.
** Standard and optional cover may differ dependent upon insurer.

Please note we are unable to quote for Takeaway Delivery Drivers or Couriers

Please note we are unable to quote for Takeaway Delivery Drivers or Couriers

Other Available Products
Existing Customers
Click here
Quotes from well-known and specialist insurers, including
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn