photography insurance

Videographers and Photographers Insurance

We're here to help you focus on photography and videography insurance

As a photographer or videographer, you're focused on creating the right composition and capturing the perfect shot. Finding time to focus on what photography insurance you need can be pretty time-consuming.

From protecting your valuable kit when you're on a shoot to your professional reputation should you find yourself in dispute with a client, the risks you face are varied.

Maybe you run a photography business or work as a freelance photographer or videographer. Perhaps you work with other businesses—interior design, website design or graphic design—to showcase work. Whatever your focus, we can find the cover to suit you.

You Could Save Over 20%*

Contact our team to receive a no obligation, instant quote today.

91% of our customers would recommend our service

Cover for photographers and videographers* 

  • Accidental damage.

  • Book debts/accounts receivable.
  • Contents.

  • Directors and officers insurance.

  • Embedded machinery breakdown.

  • Employers liability.

  • Exhibitions.

  • Fleet.
  • Glass.
  • Goods in transit.

  • Legal expenses.
  • Money at home of insured or authorised employee.

  • Multiple or one-off events.
  • Professional indemnity.
  • Public and products liability.

  • Terrorism.
  • Theft by employee.

We look at photographers and videographer insurance through your lens

Depending on your business, there are different photography insurance covers to consider if you work as a photographer or videographer.

Camera insurance—covers your valuable equipment for repair and replacement, avoiding business downtime and expense.

Contents insurance—protects equipment if you're based in a studio. Suppose you have high-end computers for editing and specialist printing equipment. In that case, you may also want to cover them and consider buildings insurance for your studio and office as well.

Financial protection—for your takings and money stored on the premises or being taken to a bank.

Commercial vehicle insurance and goods in transit—protects your vehicle if you use it solely for your photography or videography business to transport equipment, stock or deliveries.

Employers liability insurance—is a legal obligation if you employ staff.

Public liability insurance for photographers—will give you peace of mind and reassure clients if you attend events to take photographs or film. Photography public liability insurance will cover you if an individual is injured or their personal property is damaged due to your negligence.

Professional indemnity—protects you if you accidently erase images from your memory card or cut a family member out of the frame during a wedding photoshoot.

Should someone make a claim against you, or your equipment is lost, stolen or damaged , without the right protection you could have to pay out of your own pocket. What's more, if you're a professional photographer and want to access the benefits of a professional body, some require you to have relevant photography insurance as a prerequisite.

Get tailored cover quick as a flash for your photography business

With many years of experience supporting business owners, our knowledgeable team can advise you on the right level of insurance for your photography or videography business.

* Please click here to view our pricing disclaimer.

** Standard and optional cover may differ dependent upon insurer.

91% of our customers would recommend our service

Wouldn’t go anywhere else! I have used smei for many years. I always get reminded when it’s that time again. I have always found them to be very helpful and they do try to get you the best deal.

Morag Ross

Quotes from well-known and specialist insurers, including:

Insurers smei work with

You Could Save Over 20%*