Insurance for Beauty Therapists
As a beauty therapist you are likely to use a range of specialised treatments to make your clients look good and feel fabulous, ranging from chemical peels and laser treatments to massages, and aromatherapy oils. Your clients expect a professional service and some pampering. For their protection and your reputation, you need appropriate business insurance just in case things don’t go to plan.
At smei, we understand the unique risks and challenges faced by beauty therapists, whether you operate from your own salon, run a mobile business, or rent a chair or room in a beauty parlour. That’s why we have a panel of carefully selected leading UK insurers that offer flexible beauty insurance products that can be adapted to fit your specific business requirements.
If you prefer to purchase your salon insurance online, we also have a quote and buy facility.
Key Features and Benefits
- Premiums from as little as £126.89*.
- Single, flexible policy.
- Policies include up to £5 million for public and product liability.
- Treatment risk liability.
- Cover for various treatments and therapies.
- A tailor-made policy to suit your requirements.
- Cover whether working from a salon, your own home, or a client's premises.
- Access to a 24-hour legal helpline.
- Quote and buy facility for salons.
Get beauty therapy insurance now
Join thousands of other beauty therapists today.
Premiums from as little as
50% of our beautician customers paid less than £835.51 per annum.***
Beauty Public Liability Insurance
Even the most experienced professional can have a lapse in concentration, resulting in injury or illness to your client or damage to their property.
We can arrange public liability cover that provides protection should you face a claim for malpractice or negligence. This could include a burn from laser treatments or hot wax, or an allergic reaction to massage oils or chemical peels. This essential cover could cover the cost of the compensation claim along with any associated legal costs.
Other Beauty Insurance Covers:
Employers liability insurance
If you employ staff for your beauty therapist business, it may be a legal responsibility to provide employers liability insurance for their protection.
Product liability insurance
If you sell or make a product that’s faulty or causes a reaction or personal injury to your client, product liability could cover any resulting claim. Treatment risk cover will protect you if a treatment goes wrong.
As a beauty therapist, your tools, equipment and stock are an integral part of your work – without them it would be difficult for you to do your job. Therefore, you may want cover should they become damaged or are stolen, leaving you unable to work.
Premises and vehicle cover
If you run a mobile business or work from home, you may want to include cover for your premises or vehicle.
Whether you’re freelance, self-employed, or looking for mobile beauty insurance, we can arrange a bespoke beauty therapist insurance policy to suit your specific requirements. If you prefer to purchase your salon insurance online, we also have an online solution available.
Did you know that smei can arrange specialist nail technician insurance? Smei also arranges a host of specialist, professional beauty insurance products as well as general beauty insurance and aesthetics insurance.
Our beauty therapist insurance covers can be tailored to suit the type of beauty business you run:
Rent-a-chair or Mobile Beauty Insurance Cover**
- Employers liability.
- Goods in transit.
- Most standard beauty treatments.
- Public liability.
- Tool cover (theft from unattended vehicles).
- Business equipment.
Beauty Salon Owner Cover***
- Accidental damage.
- Beauty treatment insurance.
- Book debts/account receivable.
- Business equipment.
- Business interruption.
- Employers liability.
- Legal costs and expenses.
- Loss of rent receivable.
- Money on premises or in safe.
- Public and product liability.
- Tenants improvements.
Beauty treatments covered under our beauty insurance policy
Please note this list is not exhaustive – refer to your policy document for full details.
- Exfoliation treatments.
- Eyebrow shaping/Threading/Tinting.
- Eyelash tinting/Extensions.
- Make-up application.
- Nail extensions.
- Body wraps.
- Holistic therapies.
- Skin camouflage.
- Spray tanning.
- Sun beds.
- Blue light therapy.
- Chemical peels.
- FotoFacial RF.
- Glycolic peels.
- Micro laser peel.
- Microneedling/ Micro-channelling.
- Photo facials.
- Radio frequency ablation devices.
- Red light therapy.
- Skin classic treatments.
- Teeth whitening.
- Dietary/nutritional advice.
- Ear irrigation.
- Faradic treatment.
- Keratolytic scalp treatment.
- LED mask.
- LED treatments.
- Microcurrent therapy.
- Million dollar facial.
- Miradry for hyperhidrosis.
- Plasma shower.
Unsure as to what insurance you need?
Call us on 0330 8189 621 to discuss what kind of cover you need, our friendly team is always happy to help.
We're Here For You...
Want some free advice and expert guidance to help grow and protect your business?
- Access our free insurance health check (are you sure you’ve got the right cover?).
- Download 'how to' guides for boosting success.
- Hear from other business owners like you.
- Set renewal reminders and calculate staff turnover costs.
Your Success = Our Success.
- We’ve been helping protect businesses like yours since 2002.
- Access to A-rated insurance companies in the UK.
- We search the market for you to save you valuable time.
- Genuinely affordable pricing with no hidden fees.
- Deep expertise on hand when you need it.
Want to know more about us and how we wouldn't exist without you?
* Click here to view our pricing disclaimer.
** If applicable, mobile and fixed location cover may differ dependent upon insurer.
*** Data compared from 30 policies sold in 2022. 10 customers paid as little as £126.89.
Beauty Therapist Insurance FAQs
Quotes from well-known and specialist insurers, including: