Insurance for Beauticians
We provide cover for beauty salons, beauty businesses and individual self-employed beauticians. Most beauty businesses are unique, from operating within your own salon, to running a mobile beauty service, or renting a chair or room in a salon.
Whatever type of beauty business you run, your clients expect care and expertise.. So for their protection and your own reputation, you need adequate beauty business insurance for your business in case something goes wrong.
Key Features and Benefits
- Premiums from as little as £126.89*.
- Single, flexible policy.
- Policies include up to £5 million for public and product liability.
- Cover for various treatments and therapies.
- A tailor made policy to suit your requirements.
- Cover whether working from a salon, your own home, or a client's premises.
- Access to a 24-hour legal helpline.
Get beauticians insurance now
Join thousands of other beauticians today.
Premiums from as little as
50% of our beautician customers paid less than £835.51 per annum.***
What Type of Beautician Insurance do you Need?
Whether you’re freelance, self-employed, or run a mobile business, we can arrange a tailored beautician insurance policy to suit your specific requirements. If you prefer to purchase your salon insurance online, we also have an online platform available. Our beauticians insurance cover can include:
Employers liability insurance
Employers liability insurance may be a legal requirement if you employ staff for your beauty business, whether on a casual, temporary or permanent basis.
The equipment necessary to run your beauticians or beauty business do not come cheaply. By getting the right insurance, you're covered should your tools become damaged or are stolen.
Product liability insurance
If your client suffers an allergic reaction from one of your treatments or a product you have sold, product liability cover will provide protection in the event of a claim.
Public liability insurance including treatment liability
Our beauty insurance policy typically covers technicians with a minimum of two years’ experience, unless supervised. We can only arrange cover for the treatments you’re qualified to carry out.
Regardless of your level of skill and expertise, accidents do happen. A misjudged temperature setting on hot wax could leave your client with a nasty burn, while equipment left on the floor could cause somebody to trip and hurt themselves.
For these reasons and many more, having beauty public liability insurance cover is a vital part of your insurance. It protects you should a client, member of the public, or supplier suffer illness or injury, or their property become damaged - as a result of your negligence.
If you run a mobile business, you’ll also need cover any vehicles you use
Our beauty insurance covers can be tailored to suit the type of beauty business you run:
Rent-a-chair or Mobile Trader Cover**
- Employers liability.
- Goods in transit.
- Most standard beauty treatments.
- Public liability.
- Tool cover (theft from unattended vehicles).
- Business equipment.
Beauty Salon Owner Cover***
- Accidental damage.
- Book debts/account receivable.
- Business interruption.
- Employers liability.
- Legal costs and expenses.
- Business equipment.
Beauty Treatments Covered Under our Beauty Insurance Policy
Please note this list is not exhaustive – refer to your policy document for full details.
- Exfoliation treatments.
- Eyebrow shaping/Threading/Tinting.
- Eyelash tinting/Extensions.
- Make-up application.
- Nail extensions.
- Body wraps.
- Holistic therapies.
- Skin Camouflage.
We're Here For You...
Want some free advice and expert guidance to help grow and protect your business?
- Access our free business insurance check (are you sure you’ve got the right cover?).
- Download 'how to' guides for boosting success.
- Hear from other business owners like you.
- Set renewal reminders and calculate staff turnover costs.
Your Success = Our Success.
- We’ve been helping protect businesses like yours since 2002.
- Access to A-rated insurance companies in the UK.
- We search the market for you to save you valuable time.
- Genuinely affordable pricing with no hidden fees.
- Deep expertise on hand when you need it.
Want to know more about us and how we wouldn't exist without you?
* Click here to view our pricing disclaimer.
** If applicable, mobile and fixed location cover may differ dependent upon insurer.
*** Data compared from 30 policies sold in 2022. 10 customers paid as little as £126.89.
Beautician Insurance FAQs
Quotes from well-known and specialist insurers, including: