We Specialise in Fish and Chip Shop Insurance
As the owner of a fish and chip shop, like Castle Chippy in Clitheroe (see above) you’ll appreciate the importance of having the right insurance policy in place, not least because of the risks involved when working with hot oil, general kitchen equipment, sharp utensils, and serving the general public.
At smei, we specialise in providing insurance for fish and chip shops. While we can’t prevent accidents from occurring, we can ensure you have adequate cover in place to protect your business.
You Could Save Over 20%*
Contact our team to receive a no obligation, instant quote today.
Book debts/account receivable.
Money in safe.
Money on premises.
Public and products liability.
Goods in transit.
Loss of rent receivable.
Premiums from as little as
50% of our fish and chip customers paid less than £1,621.24 per annum.***
Our Convenient and Competitive Fish and Chip Shop Insurance Solution
Running a fish and chip shop is a hectic business, so the last thing you want to do at the end of a shift is waste your valuable free time phoning around to obtain a number of different policies to cover the various aspects of your business.
By opting for fish and chip shop insurance with smei, you can rest assured that your business is in safe hands. We’ve sought the advice of experienced professionals so our knowledgeable team has the skills and expertise to put together a policy that covers all your requirements in a single solution. And because each policy is tailored to fit your specific needs, you won’t waste money on cover you don’t need.
To discuss your requirements and obtain a quote, simply call our friendly, experienced team and we will create a solution especially for you.
A Comprehensive Business Insurance Solution
Our business insurance for fish and chip shops includes:
- Public liability insurance In case a member of the public is injured or their property is damaged while on your premises.
- Employers liability insurance If you employ staff for your fish and chip business, you’re legally responsible to have employers insurance in case they make a claim for injury or illness as a result of working for you.
- Contents insurance This protects the contents of your fish and chip shop, including all equipment and tools necessary for your work. It can also include protection for stock, and refrigerated, frozen, or hot food cover.
- Business interruption
If your business is unable to operate due to repairs or a supplier going out of business, this will help to reimburse you for loss of income and cover your overheads.
- Buildings cover If you own the building, you need buildings cover in case of damage due to fire, theft, flood, or accidental damage.
- Financial cover Protects money on your premises, including in a safe.
There are also a number of optional extras you can include if necessary, including subsidence, legal expenses, goods in transit, tenants improvements, and terrorism.
To find out more about our specialised fish and chip shop insurance and other fast food and takeaway outlets or to obtain a quote, contact smei today to discuss your requirements with a member of our expert team.
* Please clickhereto view our pricing disclaimer.
** Standard and optional cover may differ dependent upon insurer.
*** Data compared from 230 policies sold in 2022. 43 customers paid as little as £945.67.
Fast, competitive insurance. I felt the representative really understood my needs.Peter Reading
Quotes from well-known and specialist insurers, including: